Learn how to improve your training skills, increase your patience and use inner peace to improve communication and bonding with your animal. Learn to use mindfulness to reduce stress and have a profound impact on the animal training process.
Our presenter, Beth Meeker (website) is a licensed mental health counselor who specializes in Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction.
- recognizing when we are disconnected from ourselves and our animals (i.e. rushing, living on auto-pilot, participating in activities that are not enriching)
- paying attention with curiosity to the discomforts that arise in our lives (physical, mental and emotional) and in our training processes
- using our own resistance as a way to enter into states of peace and acceptance and to improve our training
- using physical and emotional experiences in the body as a means of improving our training skills
- how to use our relationships with our animals as a means of deepening connection to self and all aspects of our lives
- turning our intense emotional experiences into allies instead of letting them derail and interrupt our relationship with our animals
- connecting to and acting from purpose in our training
- trusting ourselves and the events that are unfolding in our training
Sunday, February 19th, 2011, from 1:00PM to 4:00PM. Cost is $50 per person.
This is a humans only seminar so please leave your animals at home unless you make special arrangements with Angelica or require the assistance of an animal.
To sign up mail a check and the following information:
Species of animal you train:
Topic request for mindfulness seminar:
To: Courteous Canine, Inc, 3414 Melissa Country Way, Lutz, FL 33559
Happy MINDFUL Training,
The Staff of Courteous Canine, Inc.