Courteous Canine, Inc. Informed consent:
- We love animals with all our hearts and are committed to training force-free maximizing fun and playful techniques. We emphasize fun and joy in our training and work to minimize stress as much as possible.
- We base our training methods on scientifically proven methods that are animal-friendly. If there should be a conflict between what is animal-friendly and what the animal’s parent desires, we will side with what is animal-friendly.
- We work to get animals out of crates so that they may move freely and safely coexist with humans.
- There is overwhelming scientific evidence that positive reinforcement is the best way to train animals. We are committed to using at most a mild aversive only as a last resort. Shock collars, prong collars or choke chains are never used. We do not advocate physical corrections, throwing things at or near the animal or spraying liquid in an animal’s face.
- We foster our continuing education and all consistently work to continue our education. All staff is certified and when they are not, they work under the supervision of a certified dog behavior consultant while they are pursuing certification.
- We educate humans to employ patience and to seek to understand animal’s needs and wants.
- We coach people to communicate consistently and clearly with their animals.
- We work within our level of competence. Less experienced trainers are supervised by more experienced ones. We do not give advice on anything that is outside of our area of expertise. We refer clients to competent professionals for issues that are outside of our area of expertise.
- We keep client information confidential sharing client info ONLY with staff and those in a position of supervision, with the exception of neglect or abuse of an animal or if the animal is dangerous.
- Clients should know they are empowered to decline any recommendations that we make for them or their dogs. We encourage clients to ask questions.
- Groupons are for new clients only. The client agrees to only use a groupon if they are a new client.
Owner (owner of dog, client of Courteous Canine, Inc., and handler of dog) agrees that Angelica Steinker and Courteous Canine, Inc. or any staff or independent contractors of Courteous Canine, Inc. will not be liable for any damage or loss resulting from failure of the dog to respond to any cues or commands taught to the dog by Courteous Canine, Inc. or resulting from counseling and advice supplied to owners (client) of dog. Dog’s behavior now and in the future is solely the responsibility of the owners (client) of the dog. Should any behavior on the dog’s part now or in the future result in damage to the property, owners, or person of some third party, owner agrees to assume full responsibility to such third party for any and all such damage, and to absolve Angelica Steinker and Courteous Canine, Inc. and any staff or independent contractor of Courteous Canine, Inc. from any and all obligations to pay such damage to a third party. All dogs are trained or otherwise handled or cared for or if owner receives instruction by Angelica Steinker and Courteous Canine, Inc. or any staff or independent contractor of Courteous Canine, Inc. without any liability whatsoever on Angelica Steinker and Courteous Canine, Inc. or any staff or independent contractor of Courteous Canine, Inc. for loss, damage from disease, death, running away, theft, fire, injury to persons, other dogs or property by said dog, or other unavoidable causes. In the event of in-home training provided by Angelica Steinker and Courteous Canine, Inc. or any staff or independent contractors of Courteous Canine, Inc. whether owners are home or not, owners agree to absolve Angelica Steinker and Courteous Canine, Inc. and any staff or independent contractors from any and all liability whatsoever for loss or damage to property. In the event of training provided at the location of Courteous Canine, Inc., 3414 Melissa Country Way, Lutz, FL 33559, owner agrees to absolve Angelica Steinker and Courteous Canine, Inc. and any staff or independent contractor of Courteous Canine, Inc. from any and all liability whatsoever for illness rising from or out of, or relating to, directly or indirectly, the infection of COVID-19 or any other illness or injury, for loss or damage to property, or injury to dog, or owner, or handler and to hold her harmless therefor.
- Courteous Canine, Inc. does not offer refunds. If you need to cancel your registration then we can apply your credit to another course or service. If you want a credit for a service we need at least three days notice prior to the start date of the service.
- If you receive a credit for a service, it will be good for up to one year.
- All services are prepaid. If you have any questions about a service, please make sure to call us at 813-949-1465 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org so we can address these before you reserve your spot.
- Once a client has attended the first session of a group class or the class has started, *NO* refunds will be issued.
- We advise clients to only sign up for classes that fit their schedules and lifestyle as we will not be able to refund clients who decide to drop out after the first group class or later group classes.
- Appointment cancellations require 48 hour notice to be given a credit.
- Appointments cancelled less than 24 hours in advance will be charged a no show/late cancellation fee of $20