|No shows for appts are charged a $20 cancellation fee
Courteous Canine, Inc. Informed consent:
- We love animals with all our hearts and are committed to training force-free maximizing fun and playful techniques. We emphasize fun and joy in our training and work to minimize stress as much as possible.
- We base our training methods on scientifically proven methods that are animal-friendly. If there should be a conflict between what is animal-friendly and what the animal’s parent desires, we will side with what is animal-friendly.
- We work to get animals out of crates so that they may move freely and safely coexist with humans.
- There is overwhelming scientific evidence that positive reinforcement is the best way to train animals. We are committed to using at most a mild aversive only as a last resort. Shock collars, prong collars or choke chains are never used. We do not advocate physical corrections, throwing things at or near the animal or spraying liquid in an animal’s face.
- We foster our continuing education and all consistently work to continue our education. All staff are certified and if they are not, they work under the supervision of a certified dog behavior consultant while they are pursing certification.
- We educate humans to employ patience and to seek to understand animal’s needs and wants.
- We coach people to communicate consistently and clearly with their animals.
- We work within our level of competence. Less experienced trainers are supervised by more experienced ones. We do not give advice on anything that is outside of our area of expertise. We refer clients to competent professionals for issues that are outside of our area of expertise.
- We keep client information confidential sharing client info ONLY with staff and those in a position of supervision, with the exception of neglect or abuse of an animal or if the animal is dangerous.
- Clients should know they are empowered to decline any recommendations that we make for them or their dogs. We encourage clients to ask questions.
- Schedule of fees: Most group classes are $149 for six one hour sessions. Private instruction is $65 per hour or $35 per half hour at our main location. In home instruction is $95 per hour. Failure of payment will result in discontinuation of services.
- Private Instruction Cancellation Policy – Appointments not kept without 24 hour notice are subject to a $20 cancellation fee.
Vaccinations: we require that your dog is up on all core vaccines, lepto, parvo and bordatella. We also require the H3N2 canine flu vaccine. Titers are acceptable.
- Groupons are for new clients only. The client agrees to only use a groupon if they are a new client.
Owner (owner of dog, client of Courteous Canine, Inc., and handler of dog) agrees that Angelica Steinker and Courteous Canine, Inc. or any staff or independent contractors of Courteous Canine, Inc. will not be liable for any damage or loss resulting from failure of the dog to respond to any cues or commands taught to the dog by Courteous Canine, Inc. or resulting from counseling and advice supplied to owners (client) of dog. Dog’s behavior now and in the future is solely the responsibility of the owners (client) of the dog. Should any behavior on the dog’s part now or in the future result in damage to the property, owners, or person of some third party, owner agrees to assume full responsibility to such third party for any and all such damage, and to absolve Angelica Steinker and Courteous Canine, Inc. and any staff or independent contractor of Courteous Canine, Inc. from any and all obligations to pay such damage to a third party. All dogs are trained or otherwise handled or cared for or if owner receives instruction by Angelica Steinker and Courteous Canine, Inc. or any staff or independent contractor of Courteous Canine, Inc. without any liability whatsoever on Angelica Steinker and Courteous Canine, Inc. or any staff or independent contractor of Courteous Canine, Inc. for loss, damage from disease, death, running away, theft, fire, injury to persons, other dogs or property by said dog, or other unavoidable causes. In the event of in-home training provided by Angelica Steinker and Courteous Canine, Inc. or any staff or independent contractors of Courteous Canine, Inc. whether owners are home or not, owners agree to absolve Angelica Steinker and Courteous Canine, Inc. and any staff or independent contractors from any and all liability whatsoever for loss or damage to property. In the event of training provided at the location of Courteous Canine, Inc., 3414 Melissa Country Way, Lutz, FL 33559, owner agrees to absolve Angelica Steinker and Courteous Canine, Inc. and any staff or independent contractor of Courteous Canine, Inc. from any and all liability whatsoever for loss or damage to property, or injury to dog, or owner, or handler and to hold her harmless therefor.
By submitting this form you are agreeing to above consent and liability release.